If you would like to try out some new e-learning equipment or software, the e-learning unit provide a variety of equipment you could loan. This includes the following:
- Turning Point clickers: 80 Handsets and a receiver.
- 3 Windows laptops with e-learning software: (Software: Turning point, Personal Capture, Camtasia and Articulate*) This may be useful if you need to record in a room without Q-Review.
- Macbook (Software: Personal Capture).
- High definition video cameras which come with a tripod and external microphone too – these cameras are used for high quality recording and require more effort to set up and use than a Flip camera. We can provide you with the SD card for the camera however you may want to use your own SD card for longer recordings.
- Microphones: Wireless USB microphone (useful for recording when you are presenting and moving around) and USB Microphone (useful for pocdasting or screencasting)
- Flip camera(s): Basic and easy to use.
- Mobile board plus: The mobile board plus allows you move around and control your computer from anywhere in the classroom. The mobile board plus uses bluetooth technology which allows you to walk around the room and be in constant control of your classroom board.
- Apple iPad
- Samsung Tablet
Please note that we do not do filming or editing for people, we can provide the basics of how to use the equipment and have regular workshops on editing, screencasting and video skills, please check our course list for latest workshops available www.esdcourses.org.uk/userlistcourse.php. *Camtasia Studio is used for creating screen recordings and Articulate Studio and Articulate Storyline are software for creating e-learning content.
To loan any of the items for e-learning purposes, you must be a member of staff/student at QM. Please send an email using your QMUL email address 7 days in advance to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org to loan out any of the above. We will require the date you would like to collect and return the equipment. If you are unable to return the equipment and would like to extend the loan of our equipment, you will have to contact us as the items may be booked out by someone else. Charges are made in relation to lost, stolen or damaged items. Please contact us as soon as possible if the item on loan is lost, stolen or damaged.