The E-Learning Studio is situated in the Centre for Academic and Professional Development in the Scape Building on the Mile End Campus. It is where the E-Learning Unit hold many of their meetings and workshops but it is also a resource that can be used by staff for a variety of different e-learning related activities.
The E-Learning Unit use this room to allow staff to try out technology which is already available across QMUL such as the Q-Review lecture capture system. We also use the room to pilot new technologies such as classroom management systems and “bring your own device” solutions to investigate their potential.
The room is an informal space which can accomodate up to 15 people and is equipped with a variety of technology:
- Q-Review Lecture capture system
- Interactive whiteboard
- A document camera (or visualiser)
- The TurningPoint audience response system
- 8 PCs and 2 Macintosh computers
- Wifi for those who wish to bring their own devices
We also have a variety of dedicated e-learning software:
- Articulate Studio and Articulate Storyline – software for creating e-learning content
- Camtasia Studio – for creating screen recordings
This software can be used in the Studio or tried out on one of our loan laptops.